Simple, low-maintenance = more time to relax
Cleaning Trex® Outdoor Furniture™is as easy as filling a bucket with soap
and warm water.
- No painting, staining or sealing required
- Not prone to crack, chip, peel, splinter, or absorb moisture
- Resists weather, food stains, insects, corrosive substances, salt spray, and other environmental stresses
- Cleans easily with soap, water, and a soft bristle brush
For additional cleaning power, a 1/3 bleach and 2/3 water solution can be used on the product without affecting the color.
Another popular method of cleaning is to use a high-pressure power wash (not to exceed 1,500 psi, which is the equivalent of a car wash). Because the surface of the lumber does have a subtle texture, you may need to use a soft bristle brush to effectively clean the creases.
All hardware is 18-8 stainless steel
The hardware used in the assembly and construction of our furniture have an AlloChrome 3200+™ finish with a cosmetic coating. Although the quality of the hardware has a high level of corrosive resistance, it can show some sign of corrosion in salt air environments. A practical solution to these signs of corrosion is to wash the product with soap and water, using a soft bristle brush to scrub the corroding areas of the hardware. The hardware can also be protected by using color-appropriate appliance touch up paint (available at local hardware stores).
Fabric & Cleaning
One of the best ways to extend the lives of your Revolution Performance Fabrics® outdoor cushions and pillows is to keep the fabrics well maintained. Use the following tips to keep everything in tip-top shape:
- Brush away dirt before it becomes embedded in the material.
- Wipe up spills right away.
- Periodically flip cushions to even out wear and potential fading.
- Store your cushions in a cool, dry place when they're not in use.
For more maintenance information, visit the Revolution Performance Fabrics® cleaning instructions page.